Thursday, March 10, 2011

~A little visit...

Yesterday, Hudson and I went to visit my Mawmaw...she is my Dad's Mom. Hudson knew right where we were when we pulled up to her house, it was too sweet... She was waiting at the door for us, just a waving.

Her health has not been the best the past couple of years. She was diagnosed with stomach cancer just a few months before I became pregnant with Hudson. I remember that Christmas, going to her house to tell her we were pregnant. She sat at the kitchen table and just cried. She had prayed so hard for us to be able to get pregnant a second time. It was an answer to her many prayers.

So, anyway... Lately she has been struggling with her memory. She turned 84 in February and the family had a large celebration for her a few weekends ago. At her birthday party, Matt took pics of her with all four of her grown kids. I had the pics framed for her, so that was the reason for the visit. She loved the pics but she asked me and my Aunt "when did we take these pictures?? I don't remember...". It is so sad to see her this way. There are times when she can remember and other times when she can not.

But, there is one thing that she will never forget. And that is just how much she loves the Lord. I do not know anyone that loves the Lord like she does. See, she was raised Buddhist. And when she accepted Christ as her Savior, she says that it was a feeling like she had never felt before. She knew that the god she worshipped as a child and young adult was a dead god, but the God she serves now is a living and loving God. I love to hear her talk about the Lord... she can not do it without getting teary eyed...

She is such a wonderful example of God's love... Our family is so very fortunate to have her in our life!!

I will leave you with just a few pics of my sweet Mawmaw..

This is my Dad with his Mom


With her 4 kids



No comments:

Post a Comment