Tuesday, March 8, 2011

~The Love of Christ

I know everyone who was raised in church or has gone to VBS as a child can recite the following verse: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him shall not parish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

This past Sunday, our Pastor started a series on the Love of God. I am so excited about this series b/c it is so hard for me to comprehend how much God truly loves me! Even though God knows every single thing about me, the good, the bad and the ugly, He still loves me... How crazy is that??

Pastor Tim asked the congregation "how many of you have a son"? Now, think about this... Would you be willing to give up your child's life so that someone else could live?? I know I could not! I love Hudson so much that I would not let him die so that someone else could live. But, our God, my God loves us/me so much that he gave his only son to die so that we may live forever! How amazing is that??

The song "You are God alone" has been in my mind since Sunday... If you are not familiar with this song, here are the lyrics... Really think about what you are reading...

You are not a God
Created by human hands
You are not a God
Dependent on any mortal man
You are not a God
In need of anything we can give
By your plan, that's just the way it is

(chorus)
You are God alone
From before time began
You were on Your throne
You are God alone
And right now
In the good times and bad
You are on Your throne
You are God alone

You're the only God
Whose power none can contend
You're the only God
Whose name and praise will never end
You're the only God
Who's worthy of everything we can give
You are God
And that's just the way it is

Unchangeable
Unshakeable
Unstoppable
That's just what you are


I hope you all know just how much God truly loves you!! Even in your good, ugly and bad times, He still loves you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this!! I needed to hear this and God used you to speak to me!! We've been going through a lot here in Hawaii. We haven't been to church in a long time. We've tried several. And I have just about given up. (Not on God, finding a church) I know it's not a good reason...BUT I really needed the reassurance of just how much God loves me...Thank you!! I think you should continue blogging!! :)

    ReplyDelete