Tuesday, March 17, 2009

~I need some advice...

A little over a year ago Matt & I had joined a bowling league with our Brother-in-law... I know - don't laugh but it is fun. Before I found out I was pregnant I decided to quit - I was getting too bored.

There was a couple that we had met along with many others that seemed really nice. Well around last fall the wife came to me and said that she told her daughter about our history and struggle with having a family. Her daughter offered to be a surrogate mother for us. Of course we said "thanks but no thanks". Come to find out her daughter wanted to get her tubes tied and thought that would be the only way she could afford to have it done with being a surrogate mother...crazy I know. Anyway - when we found out that we are pregnant I was very hesitant about telling certain people that are a part of the league especially "her". Once Matt did tell her our news she said "well I knew I would be able to be a Nana to your baby some how". URG! She is very nice but is the type that is ALL UP IN YOUR BUSINESS. Which I can not stand - that makes me pull away even more.

Well, about a month ago she comes in and says really loud in front of everybody - "So Jen, how is OUR baby doing?" Well, first off - when did she become part of our equation?? So, that rubbed me the wrong way... Then last week I decided to stay home because of my sinuses. Matt comes home and starts laughing so hard he ended up getting a cramp in his side. He proceeds to tell me that SHE told him to tell me Hey and to tell the baby that it's NANA said Hey!!!!!!!! Whatthaheck?!?!?!? How do you respond to something like that??? I plan on going with Matt tonight just to get out of the house. And for the past couple of days I have been racking my brain on how to respond to something like that if she says it AGAIN tonight... It would be different if this baby would not have any grandparents and if I was really close to this lady. But I only see her MAYBE 4 times a month. I told my Mom what she said and of course my mom's response was "She better not try to take my name away from me!" In which I told her she had nothing to worry about.

I know this was sort of long but I need your help. How do I respond??? Do I just keep my mouth shut or just say that the baby already has a Grammy and Grandmamma??? I hate to hurt people's feelings but good grief lady.

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Since you and I are the "same person" according to our hubby's I would probably feel the same way! If she says the same thing again tonight I would say, "well, the baby has a Nana already, my mom, and she might get upset if our baby called someone else Nana!". If she doesn't respond to that subtle hint....punch her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I was going to post something along the lines of kregister....so now I will just say ditto... You may have to hurt her feelings to get her to leave you alone...

    Good Luck
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humm, if you only see her a few times a month??? Ofcourse, I have never been one to bite my tongue.

    ReplyDelete