Saturday, March 28, 2009

~21 wks & Anxiety...

Today begins my 21st week of pregnancy. It is a little exciting mixed in with a little bit of anxiety. Let me explain...

Almost 5 years ago (April 25th) we lost our twin sons to preterm labor at 21 wks 2 days. The month before I had a bladder infection. I won't go into any details but I can tell you that the experience for Matt & I was pure Hell! Matt was so strong for me and then once he realized I was going to make it then he went through his own grieving. The grieving process is an ugly thing. What we went through I would not wish on my worst enemy because it is so horrible. You never think you will ever have to bury your own children - they are supposed to out live you.

So here we are 5 years later and at 21 wks of pregnancy. I feel really good about this pregnancy. Especially since I go every week for a progesterone shot and then every other week they will check my cervix. Poor Matt...Thursday night I kept moving around and could not get comfy on the couch and I kept sighing. Every time I would move or sigh he would ask me if I was OK. I know in the back of his mind he is just as anxious as I am.

So this week, if you think about it, please keep us and the baby in your prayers. I know that God has his hand on this pregnancy and the baby. He gave us this child... I am not sure if I had shared this before but I had a dream about 2 mos before I got pregnant. My Grandfather and Matt's Aunt visited me in my dream and they told us that they had a little baby BOY for us that we needed to come and get right away. Remember that my Grandfather and Matt's Aunt have both passed away. So, after my dream I woke up and prayed to God that if this was true to please make this happen. I thought that it meant for us to adopt a little boy with Special Needs but we all know how the story ends... I think God gave me that dream to let us know that everything will be ok and will work out. And the cherry on the top was when we found out that we are having a little boy!!! :)

So, please keep us in your prayers...we would greatly appreciate it. :)

Until next time, take care!!

3 comments:

  1. I can imagine your anxiety as you reach this milestone. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you. The dream you had is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete