Saturday, April 4, 2009

~Wk 22...

Well, I have made it to wk 22!! I am so glad. I have started worrying about the nursery, his clothes, etc. I have at the most 18 weeks left and if you think about it that is not a lot of time to get his room ready. Matt and I started looking at color schemes yesterday to get some ideas. I have not been impressed at all about the bedding that is out there. The options for little boys just seems limited to cars, trucks, trains, animals and sports. We/I are not into themes at all. I want a room that he can grow up in. I am thinking of asking one of my sister-in-laws to make his bedding for us. She is a very good seamstress but I just don't want her to feel obligated.

Also, something else that I worry about is his clothing. Of course, just like the bedding there is nothing that cute for little boys without the themes. I went into T*rget the other day and they only had a handful of cute items for boys. I have heard that Gy*mboree is opening up at the Outlet Mall south of us. So, I need to make a trip down to the outlet mall really soon anyway.

I have been worried about his furniture as well. We need to go shopping soon b/c it could take 2-3 mos for the furniture to arrive. That does not leave us enough time to get his room ready. I was up at 730 this morning worrying about all of this...crazy, I know... :)

Also, I have asked my brother's wife to make the cake for my shower. She is SO talented when it comes to cakes. We talked for about 1 hr this morning about the design, colors and flavors... I am so excited... She is going to do a WONDERFUL job...

If anyone out there has any good ideas about shopping for boys clothes please leave me a comment. I need all of the help I can get. Our only 2 nephews are 15 & 8, so their styles don't help... :)

Take care...

1 comment:

  1. I went to Gymboree yesterday at Tanger...I broke the bank!! They have cute boy stuff too!! They are having a sale right now, so go soon! Let me know when your shower is so I can request the day off....love ya!

    ReplyDelete